The counter tops were made by gluing the 2" X 12" boards together with clamps. It was a process of measuring several times then cutting. We put the board in place to make sure they fit properly. Above was the dry run, below is the glue and clamping. As you can see the boards were warped so we had to muscle them into position as best as possible knowing that we would have to sand them smooth.
Here is the corner piece sanded and sealed!
We then had to make adjustments to the wood where the sink will be placed. I made a template and had to account for the depth of the sink where the side drains slope into the sink. It had been made to sit on a metal cupboard.
Richard made cuts with his hand held saw very close together so he could chisel out the wood easily.
Above is the counter top in place ready to seal.
Here is the sink in the position it needed to be so I could measure it. I had to think upside down and backwards!
We knew once it was in place we would not be able to get it out easily. We put 2"X4" on the counter between the counter and the sink so our figers would not get squished. A strong friend helped us put it in place and it worked!!!
Now we have a kitchen WOW!!!!
So our time for the next few months will be getting everything out of storage and in place, along with taking care of animals and selling what we no longer want or need and because we are not building a house, what we do not have room for! It will be an adventure to unbox things we have not seen or remembered in nine years!