Saturday, January 23, 2010

The state of the winter garden..



The peafowl are growing, these are the younger set of 4. We were told that they would look just like the older ones..... I guess time will tell!




I have been working on the winter garden, getting it ready for the the spring season. I added decomposed granite (that is the brown-pinkish piles), weeded and cleared out the old plants.
I discovered this year that Penny Royal is EXTREMELY invasive. I planted a few seeds and it spread like wild fire (it shows in the picture with the shovel and bucket, it actually spread into the paths on both sides of its bed). I did not pay that much attention to it ,not realizing it creates a VERY thick matte of dense folige which took me 2 days to dig out!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE GARDEN SHED TO BE FINISHED SO I CAN GET ORGANIZED AND NEAT!!!!

This was just the start...to be continued.....

No comments: