Sunday, February 27, 2011

Building a wood Rack



I built this rack out of recycled material so always the first thing I have to do is take the nails out of the recycled boards. These are the tools that I always need to use : a special fence tookitchenl that is very very helpful because it is designed to wedge nails out by grabbing onto them and rocking them to one side, the next tool is a crowbar, I used this tool first if the nail still has the head, if the head happens to fall off , I use a very heavy hammer and rock the hammer from side to side inching the nail out little by little and that rarely fails me.





I then placed the boards in such a way that the vertical boards are secured by the horizontal boards by three screws. For the most strength I put three horizontal boards so as each board holds the minimum of weight with the most space for storage.

I constructed three of these frames and then attached each of them with three side vertical boards that tie it all together.

We have found the best material to place the racks on are cinder blocks , they keep the wood legs dry, off of the ground and they also add another level for wood to be safely stored.

No comments: