Sunday, July 10, 2011

Garden in HOT JULY....

Shading of the heat sensitive plants has really helped. It is becoming the hottest July on record, over 100 degrees!
The garden always looks a little rough this time of year, overgrown and aged.
The peppers are busting through the roof and are still producing!
Squash is done , everything is struggling with the heat.
The okra on the left is doing well but not producing yet and the strawberries are holding their own.
The grapes are ready for harvest and healthy. Having the cage keep the large animals out, but I found the tiny birds made it through and I ended up sharing some meals with them.
The blueberries will be picked clean this week, finishing a record season. Although I did not measure the crop , I believe I picked about 4 gallons!

No comments: